Atlas for Mariners
How to get help to use the Atlas for Mariners application ?
- A help which is built-in the application: click on the Search tool then choose the [Help] tab.
- Clic on an item in the Help page to view | hide the corresponding content.
How to write a waypoint or a route from the application into a navigation software, GPS or plotter ?
- Make sure the setting of coordinates units are the same for this application and for your navigation device (default is Degrees Minutes).
- Point to a placemark on the map or search for a placemark in the table of contents then click to display the coordinates of this mark.
- Add a new mark in your navigation device, type the coordinates and validate.
How to import multiple waypoints or routes into OpenCPN using a .gpx file ?
- Click on the [Route & Mark Manager] tool in OpenCPN.
- Clic on [Import GPX...] button.
- Select the .gpx file that you have downloaded into the Downloads folder then click on [Open] button.
How to import marks from a .gpx file into a OpenCPN layer ?
- Copy or move the .gpx file that you have downloaded from the Downloads folder to the Layers folder of OpenCPN (C:\ProgramData\opencpn\Layers in Windows).
- Restart OpenCPN.